Tuesday, November 24, 2020

To Do Tuesday # 42

 Hello Tuesday!  Another fast week has gone by.  Yes I met some goals, in fact since my goal list was loosely set, you might say I met them all.

This was my list to do:

 Leave space open for any more runners I might need to make. 

A Through the Window snowman table runner was needed. Luckily I had one all pieced in the cupboard so quick quilting, binding and adding their faces happened one day.  If you are interested I have a pattern for this one in my Etsy pattern shop.


I have always wanted to add a blue Christmas/Winter table runner in my shop. So I took time to whip up a blue version of my Star Struck. There is a tutorial for this one HERE. The fabrics in this one have metallic designs which make this runner shimmer.

More Gnome runners✅

Yep, I dug deep and got two more of these done, they are identical so only showing one. These little guys are very popular, it is crazy how many patterns I have sold for them in the last 2+ weeks! I am just stunned.  I have background fabric for two more and then I will have to dig in the stash to see what else will work.  There was an order put in for more, but the shipping has been delayed because of the pandemic. 


Make myself and my DIL some Christmas/winter masks. 
I did make one for me and one for my DIL.  I don't want to post pix yet because she sometimes reads my blog.  And I want to make a few more.

Although I forgot to put more sock knitting on my list last week, there was some good progress made! I kitchnered the toe on the first one and knit this far on the second one. 


Over the weekend I took some time away from the sewing and quilting, I know, gasp, right!!! There hasn't been enough time to play with my card making.  Inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest, I made a few Christmas cards.  The holly leaves and the Merry were cut with my Silhouette Cameo die cutter.  I just don't get to play with it often, but it sure is fun when I do.  


For the coming week I hope to whip up 2 more table runners, continue knitting and hopefully finish the sock. And more card making is needed. But first I have an order to work on for 4 placemats and a mug rug. 

As I sit here typing this post the day is just beginning and it is getting light enough out that I can see the snow starting to fall. We are supposed to only get a couple inches so no big deal.  I don't know if I will get another post out this week so I am going to Wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!  Because of the pandemic, it will just be the hubby and I cooking up a turkey breast and pumpkin pie.  What are your plans for turkey day? Whatever your plans be safe!!

Each week we all cheer each other on with meeting our goals. Sometimes we have strict goals and others very loose ones.  If we meet them good, if not there are no quilt police to put us in jail:)   To Do Tuesdays are hosted by Roseanne and Sue at HomeSewnByUs

Also linking with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss


18 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, I'm not surprised you are selling gnome patterns (and kudos for that, btw) they are still a big trend it seems. Love yours in particular. And thanks very much for the tutorial. I'm going to check it out. Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects esp loving the blue/white runner and those socks! Just lovely! Busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Thanksgiving will be the same - just Mike and me here. Meanwhile, there's lots of fun creativity going on at your house! I love the blue and white snowflake tablerunner, and the socks! Your cards look fun, too. Have a great week, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Love all your runners...so pretty. They would make any table a
    showcase...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your socks! You are really moving on this pair. Thanksgiving will be delayed for the three of us this year. Doodlebug is having surgery on her knee tomorrow. We are thankful they could do it so quickly. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! I love the snowmen out the window runner - it's one of my favorites plus I think many others based on sales in your shop. I can certainly see why the gnomes are popular - they are stinkin' cute. I didn't know you enjoyed making cards, too. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Thanks for linking up this week and good luck with next week's goals. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year will be pretty much like normal (just the 3 of us). Turkey breast in the crockpot, and some simple sides. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your patterns are so adorable! I'm overloaded with quilting plans for this year, but hope to visit your shop for next year. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy snowmen are perfect for a table runner. Congrats on your fun finish, Vicki. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to see that snowflake runner with the shimmery fabric; cool design! So neat that your shop is so busy. That makes me happy! You know I love those gnomies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! Love the Star Struck pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fun projects. Glad you are having success with your patterns too. Happy Thanksgiving Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that blue and white version of Star Struck--what great snowflakes! Happy Thanksgiving! Just the three of us. I skipped baking this year and bought a box full of goodies from the pastry arts students at the community college where I work instead. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving! We were going to have a nice takeout turkey dinner from a restaurant in Beaufort, except DH chose a restaurant in Beaufort, SC not Beaufort, NC. Ooops! Now we're hoping to grab something at the grocery store. Oh, well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sure do some amazing work, love all that you do. Sure do love my gnome pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a table runner queen! They are all so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are always so productive! You're my hero. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html