Monday, November 30, 2020

To Do Tuesday #43

 Well hello Tuesday and hello December!! Can you believe we are on the last month of this crazy wild year!  I think I shall start slowing down just a bit and start thinking of things I want to do for fun and not just for the shop.  It's been a fantastic year and I have loved every minute but there comes a time when it is slow down or burn out.  And I don't want to do the latter.  

For this week the goal was to:

  1. work on for 4 placemats and a mug rug ✅
  2. continue knitting and hopefully finish the sock 
  3. whip up 2 more table runners 
  4. more card making is needed  Not Done
My customer had previously purchased a buffalo plaid snowman table runner and then asked if I could make her a set of 4 placemats and a mug rug to match.  Isn't this mug rug the cutest!!  I had to shrink the snowman quite a bit but so worth the effort.  


And here are her four matching placemats, I told her I am jealous as her table is going to be looking so festive!  I am getting low on the outer border fabric, I tried to order some at JoAnns but they are out of stock.  I sure hope to get it in again next year as the table runners were selling well this year. 

Lots more knitting happened and I have a completed pair that might just have been worn after taking this photo.  And just look at those stripes that match!!!  I gotta be honest, that one just plain old happened.  I guess the stars were aligned just right, I was pretty darn surprised and happy!  These socks were the fastest I have ever hand knit myself a pair and I enjoyed it a lot.  Sure I could whip up a pair in an hour or less on my knitting machine, but then I would have to sew up the long side seam.  I have done it before and I don't mind the seam.  But it is just nice to have some hand work to do while sitting and watching tv. 

Whipping up two more table runners... yes these are new ones for this week even though they look the same as ones you have already seen. But it was what was needed for the shop so I went with it.  These two runners are already out the door. This weekend was really busy with lots of online shoppers.   So much fun but now I am down to 7 table runners left that are Christmas ones!  


And the last goal was to make more Christmas cards and that just didn't happen.  I still have time so I am not to worried. 

You will just have to be surprised next week with what I get done as I am not setting a single goal!  I am just going to wing it and see what I feel like doing when I get up each morning.  I haven't done that in ages, it might feel foreign to me, LOL

Linking up with our friends at HomeSewnByUs who so generously host To Do Tuesday each week.  Wishing you all a wonderful week.  I just want to say how thankful I am for all of my blog friends who keep coming back week after week to read my posts and leave some comment love.  I appreciate each and every one of you!  





16 comments:

  1. every time I see your gnomes it makes me want to get busy - but first I need to finish marking the design on the xmas mat that needs hand quilting and then this week I will get to the gnomes - the next couple weeks is to get the xmas projects done - I know I really waited until the last minute didn't I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your placemats! Great design and the fabrics you chose are perfect. As always, you have had a very productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placemats and mug rug you made for your customer are just adorable, Vicki! They do make for a very fun table! Have fun not having a list this week - I'll look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mug rug and placemats are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so glad you are just going to get up and wing it - you need to do that just for you! Those placemats with the matching mug rug are so fun! So happy that your shop has had such a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! OMG - that snowman mug rug is the bomb. He is SO, SO, SO dang cute. Darn it, no time for card making. Since you're allowing yourself to be free and easy this week, I'll bet some cards might get made and even be sent out! One never knows - we'll have to wait and see. It is my pleasure to visit each post. You are inspiring, your staging is fab, and I count you among my blessings. Thanks for linking today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those socks are so cute...I need them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well. Love those docks snd matching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great placemats and mug rugs. I hope find that time to slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for choosing to "wing it" this week! The tiny snowman on the mug rug is soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The place mats/mug rug combo all look great! Snowmen are always a fav with me anyway. I love the idea of doing some things just for fun now. I try to get all the gifts done early so I can do just that before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your customer will be very happy with those placemats. Nice socks! Hope you can find the fabric next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh - i love those placemats and the table runner - those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tiny snowman on the mug rug! So cute. Those gnomes are the cutest--is that the new accuquilt die?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love coming here to see all of your creative goodies....so inspiring...and you make them up so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html