Tuesday, December 8, 2020

To Do Tuesday #44

 Hmmm what did I do all week!  I didn't set any goals so I could just do whatever pleased me.  Oh wait I know what I did, LOL  

After seeing the cute Clearly Organized bags made by Daryl, I thought they would make a great bag to hold table runners that I kit up for my winter sewing.  I discovered I had some vinyl, although it wasn't the right gauge but I decided to try it any way.  As it usually is with a new pattern it takes time to figure out each step. But after a long afternoon I had it made.  This weekend I cut out several of my turkey table runners and soon discovered I had cut just the right amount to fit neatly in this bag!  


Did you notice that was a two-fer...I made the bag and I cut the turkey table runners;)


I might have done a little online shopping too.  I found these clips on Amazon for a good price. They are not the original clips but they work just as good I think.  These are the small ones and they came in this little plastic box. 

My evenings are spent with a little sock knitting.  I am making the matching sock for one I did last spring. 

Once again I am not setting any goals, I am liking this fly by the seat of my pants time right now!! Have a great week!

Linking with our host (and cheerleader) of To Do Tuesday.  


11 comments:

  1. That is a sweet little bag :) I like the clear vinyl. It will make it easier to remind you what is in the bag. Harder to do out of sight out of mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, wow that Mariners Cross pillow top is so beautiful. These little bags are awesome and perfect with see through fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to like that bag, I think, and those clips. I have both the brand name and the non-brand name clips, and the only thing I notice is that the cheaper ones are harder to pinch open at first. I like the color of that sock too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the see through front!!! What a great idea you had to store kits in it. Sometimes you just feel like cutting up a quilt and you gotta put it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to laugh of making the second sock to match the one you made last year - I have the yarn and the needles for a year now and haven't started the first sock LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have matching bags now Vicki, except mine has a red zipper. Since you cannot see from your photo that the clear vinyl is on both the front and the back of the bag, it's funny that the comments think it is only the front that is clear. I had thought it would save on vinyl to just make one side clear anyhow, so I might do that on my next bag that I make. I am using the smaller of the 2 bags that I made for my knitting project (a scarf for hubby). I love that sock yarn and have never bought any Drops yarn. How do you like their yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a very handy bag! I like the handle and cute fabric you made it from. I'm having a hard time making to-do lists right now, too - more into the "work on whatever I want" mode! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sock. I'm such a sock person and I just love hand-knitted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute clear bag! And your sock is looking good. I like that yarn color :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! That flying by the seat of your pants thing seems to work well for you. I'm too fly-by-night . . . and a little ADHD so nothing would get done. I do love the project bag - I didn't know you needed a certain gauge of the vinyl. I reuse the bags that sheets and pillowcases come in whenever possible for projects like that. Thanks for linking up today! Good luck with whatever catches your fancy. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did well - the bag and projects for the bag! I am making some project bags, but probably not until Sunday will I get to start on them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html