Thursday, January 19, 2023

Pink heart-squirrel

I have never joined in the Project Quilting but was prompted by Wendy so after looking up the rules I decided to join in the fun this week.  You must create and totally finish something pink with three layers sewn together. It just so happens I have one of those!! 

This was a squirrel for me, the idea was born, I didn't have anything specific I needed to do Monday so I got right to work on it. Thank you @Accuquilt for providing the 2, 3,and 4" heart die. The red fabric was fused with Heat n Bond Lite before I ran it through the die cutter. I used two hearts of each size and with one pass I was ready to applique! 


By Tuesday afternoon my table runner was finished. I love it!!  



I tend to quilt my piece and then applique it. It just is easier and I get better results that way as the quilting stabilizes the piece. 
   

I hope you will come back tomorrow as I have a new pattern launch!!  A little sneak peak:)



Linking with:


18 comments:

  1. Very pretty Vicki! Love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and fun. It's cool that you're in these challanges now. I just finished my pink quilt, and will put it on the blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Vicki! What size is it and will you be placing in your store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! The graduating sizes of heart is what makes it really special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is delightful! I love graduated hearts, but I really love the background fabric. I'm feeling the need for some pink heart fabric - better go shopping, lol! Is this one going in your shop? I predict it's going to be popular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I would think it would be easier to quilt small pieces and then put the applique on

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is perfect!!! And!! you are now ready for Valentines day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect in pink! So bright and cheery, all ready for someone's Valentine tablescape. Fun sneak peek, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Thanks for joining in the PQ fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice entry for PQ! I do it sometimes, but feel a bit overwhelmed with my tasks through the 24th, but who knows... Your runner is perfect and will bring someone lots of valentines cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how lovely and timely. Looks like you will be all set with a lovely table setting for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great PQ quilt, Vicki!! I'll be interested in seeing what you have tomorrow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hearts!! The AccuQuilt die sure makes it quick and accurate for this cute runner. Another great project. I'll bet it will sell quickly, if you list it! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good! Perfect project for this time of year. I am so glad you decided to join the Project Quilting challenge. It's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just whipping out holiday projects! (Yes 8m reading your blog backward trying to catch up.). I like the simplicity of this design. Amazing that you finished it in one week? Or were you done in a day?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html