Monday, January 16, 2023

Update on last week's projects

 Work continued on the Tumbler quilt and it is now a flimsy. It will join a few others in the 'to be quilted' pile until it's their turn on the longarm;) It really was a fast piecing project that will be a donation quilt sometime this year.


After that I was in the mood to piece another yellow morning star table runner. This used an Accuquilt BOB(block on board)Morning Star die.  I have made several of these in the last 4 years. They look intense to piece but really it is not, since the dog ears are cut off everything just lines up.  Start to finish in a little over a day. 

And then for some Valentine fun, another round wedge using different fabrics.  Check out the freehand quilting design I did on this one.  Its a new to me design that I just saw Christina Cameli, from A Few Scraps on Facebook, draw on video. Hearts and swirls, so perfect for this topper!

The closeup shows the colors better. I used a light pink Isacord thread on top.



There was also progress on the string snowball quilt I have been working on the last couple weeks. But no pix on that today.  The hat knitting came to a standstill this week while I wait for a part to come in a couple weeks. I was bending needles as the carriage got hung up and banged into the ends. Since I started knitting these I have bent 12 needles!  Time to see if this part helps.  

Linking to Monday parties-

The Accuquilt 23% off ends today Jan 16 just enter JAN23 when you check out.  On the 17th you can get 2x the reward points. I am an affiliate so if you click my links I receive a small commission when you purchase. 


12 comments:

  1. Bright and cheerful tumbler flimsy. The flowers on black (?) fabric is so pretty. Love your new TR and TT. The VD TT is really cute, great quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like the patterns you do with the wedge what size is this the finished size of this piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the # for that Accuquilt die? I just purchased an Accuquilt Studio, but I don't have any dies yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You choose such good fabrics and colors for your runners and toppers. Love those round wedge ones. I need to search my book shelf for a book of round quilts that I know I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that Morning Star runner is gorgeous, Vicki! It does look intense to piece, but it turned out wonderfully. Love the warm colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely work! The runner in yellow is just perfect and the valentines topper is so much fun! I love the way the tumbler is working out, too. Hope the piece for the knitting machine comes in soon - I do hate when stuff like that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew cute!!! Put that Morning Star quilting the window and give us some sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute projects. Love the Morning Star runner. I don't have any BOBs but maybe I should consider adding some to my Accuquilt stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making tumbler quilts, you are right, they are so quick to make! Love, love, love your pink round wedge quilt!! Soooo pretty ! Hope you're having a lovely week and thank you for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt projects Vicki! Normally yellow isn't my color but your table runner is perfect. The Valentine wedge table topper is so neat, I have a wedge ruler somewhere....I should dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have bright, sunny fabrics hanging out in your quilt room, perfect for these overcast winter days! You should put the pink quilt in the Project Quilting Challenge for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to play in your stash! You keep coming up with wonderful table runners and little wall hanging. I hope your sales are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html