Thursday, January 12, 2023

Projects of all kinds

Not a lot of motivation to stick with any one project so I am jumping back and forth on several. And then instead of working more on those already started I start another, LOL

A few weeks ago I acquired another Accuquilt die, the 6 1/2" tumbler and wanted to give it a try. So I went to my fabric donation cupboard and pulled a focus fabric, the black flowered one, and 4 coordinating ones. And started cutting with no real plan of how big, I can always cut more tumblers as I go. 


After subcutting a 7"x WOF of each fabric and layering them I cut several tumblers and laid them out and discovered I was only going to have enough of the coordinating ones to do a small baby size quilt. Here is the start of it. I need to cut more tumblers again. 


Progress has been made with the scrappy string snowball blocks also. I added the blue and red ones this week. I am pretty sure I will add a small neutral sashing between the columns. That will aid in keeping the bulk down as there are lots of seams in each block. 


Lots more hats have been machine knitted too! I put three strands of a skinny 2/24 weight yarn together and get lots of fun different colored hats.  This yarn had been donated to me several years ago by a person I only met twice, she was moving out of state and couldn't take it with. She gave it to me for the purpose of making items to donate. There were 3 garbage bags full of big cones of this yarn. It just feels so good to finally have time and desire to whip out these hats. At this time I have knitted 60 hats since Christmas Eve day! It takes about 20-25 minutes to make one. There are 40 in this photo.


Here is one hanging on the machine, you are looking at the back side. The part that goes around your ears is double thickness. This one is ready to take off the machine, I use a double eye needle with double the strands of yarn and then pull it up tight after I get all the stitches off the machine. 


The other night I decided I better get to finishing up my hand knitted sock so I finished the heel/gusset last night. 

Linking with:
TGIFF
Beauties Pageant


16 comments:

  1. I love having different projects going on at once, so I can work on what strikes my fancy at the time. You are on a roll with the hat knitting! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those string snowballs and the socks are looking great I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have been so busy! The hats just amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jump around from project to project all the time! It's fun, even if it isn't very efficient. Love that black flowered fabric and the others you're putting with it - they're making a very cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used my Go tumbler die so much that it's about worn out! I love ti for a quick quilt. It's so nice that you can make all of these hats from donated yarn. Your color combinations are really beautiful and the hats are a lot more interesting than solid ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress on all your projects. Love the colorful tumblers and the adorable little hats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing wrong with having several projects going at once, I do the same and work on what motivates me in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate to your process! It's hard for me not to strike a new project while the idea iron is hot. That tumbler quilt is fun -- I have the 4" die but haven't used it yet. Your string Snowballs would make a good RSC project. I have a bunch of Snowball projects picked out for using the die. Hopefully I get to at least one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot of fun projects. That tumbler is so super cute!!! LOVE those happy bright colors. The hats - what are you knitting them on? That's a cool way to blend those yarns - they make the hats so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! You've got quite the assortment of projects going on. I can't believe how many hats you've gotten finished already, and all of them since Christmas Eve. Amazing! I love the bright colors in the donation tumbler quilt. It looks quite fun! Have a great weekend, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy. More pretty hats and I love the tumblers, so bright and cheerful. Beautiful socks too, nice colors. A small neutral sashing between the snowball rows would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the tendency to bounce between projects as well. You have a lot of fun projects going on. Love your bright and cheerful tumbler top as well as the fabulous snowballs quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt like you at retreat this week…bouncing from project to project. Love the tumblers and seeing the scrappy snowballs making progress. Hooray for more hats and warmth for those who need it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love having several different projects on the go, too! Your tumbler quilt is looking good and I love all of the hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes I jump around between different projects - it keep the brain thinking! Other times I can't put a project down until it is complete. Depends what zone I'm in and what else is going on in life at the time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun to see you playing with so many projects (and you must've found those knitting thingies you needed)!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html