Monday, May 1, 2023

Iris Quilt

Happy May Day!!!  Time really does fly sometimes doesn't it!  I have had this quilt done for a month and forgot to post it.  It's another of those UFO's that had been waiting in the 'to be quilted' pile for a while now. Going back through posts I see I started this in early 2021 with a Riley Blake jelly roll.  Then it got set aside until I trimmed it as it is pieced on the diagonal as you see HERE.  


The quilting happened mid December last year. An allover freehand feather design was perfect for all these fun fabrics.


The binding and photos didn't happen until March of this year.


The quilting pile is getting a little smaller!  While I certainly like the finished quilt, I realized I don't like doing diagonal piecing for some reason. Do you do it and like it?


The pattern for this is from Kitchen Table Quilting called the Iris Quilt. 

Linking with:
This and That






12 comments:

  1. I do less diagonal than straight but don't have a problem with it - love the brightness of the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to do straight sets, not diagonal. Although I have one I worked diligently on until I had to do the diagonal set. It's now in strips in my closet. It's a big queen and is a pain to work on without a big bed to hold it. Sigh. Smaller ones are fine but this one is a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diagonal sewing and dealing with the bias can be challenging to get squared properly. And on point settings mess with my mind! I always struggle with them but I do like the way they look when finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the same as Melva - I love the look of on point quilts - just not actually making them! This one's so pretty, Vicki! I love the colors together, and that diagonal setting gives it a unique look. Hooray for a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like diagonal settings, but the trimming for this quilt took some deep breaths on my part! I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute quilt, and the diagonal setting makes it look even better than a straight setting would have. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt, Vicki and love how the blocks are laid out on the diagonal. It looks complex in respect to the layout. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely finish! My tendency is toward straight quilts, but I am always pleasantly surprised by how attractive a diagonal setting is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright, happy colors! Yay for another finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so bright and cheerful! I'm like you, I don't really like to do diagonal piecing either. I do, but it's not my favorite thing!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki! What a pretty quilt but I don't get the name at all. I don't have to for that matter. HAHA! Hmm. Diagonal piecing. I don't avoid it but I don't do it often either. The last top I did was an International Sisters project, which I enjoyed very much. Maybe it's time to make another. You're finishing so much lately that your to-be-quilted pile has to be zilch. Great job! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a change in blog comments in only a year! =) I do it, and don't mind it, but I haven't done any recently. This one is colorful and beautiful, a true keeper. It's nice to watch the to-be pile decrease!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html