Sunday, October 8, 2023

It'Snow Lie

It's snow lie, I have been working hard at getting snowman table runners finished and into my Etsy shop!  I took these to quilt retreat a couple weeks ago. I kitted them up at home. Meaning I had cut the triangles and stenciled the snowflakes on at home. The applique of faces and piecing these occurred at retreat.  


Upon returning home I quilted them and got the binding done and listed and sold this one already! That's okay as I worked on three of these, so today I will quilt up another.


Easy but effective quilting was done. Straight lines parallel to the outer edge in the border for this one.



This one too was started at home, worked on at retreat and then finished at home:)



I stitched the outer border a little different on this one since I could follow the straight lines of the check.  I also worked on three of these. 


Yesterday was a fun day, in the morning I sew red strings onto phone book pages. These will eventually end up in pieced backings for snowman table runners. In the afternoon two local ladies came to look at table runners and they each bought several. So thankful for them as I now have projects planned for this week:)


In the evening I started this pumpkin/crow stitchery while watching TV.  It's a pattern by This & That pattern company.

Linking with



18 comments:

  1. I love the snowman table toppers! The fabrics are fantastic. I like that embroidery pattern. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowmen table toppers are just the cutest! I like your thread choices for your pumpkin slow stitching project!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowmen are so cute! I can’t wait to see what you do with the red strings. Smithcindyk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable snowmen table toppers. Love the pumpkins and crows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowmen are so cute, Vicki! I can see why they're popular in your shop. Those string blocks will be perfect for backings, too. Enjoy your pumpkin stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! Wow, you've got it going on. I love both of the snowman toppers. I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite! I adore the Buffalo plaid . . . but the dark background with the red border look quite fetching. I hope your friends' visit yesterday went well. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snowmen and your quilting, Vicki!!! Can't wait to see the strings in use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Havent you been busy, the snowmen are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make great choices in fabrics for your projects. I love plaids. Love the pumpkin stitchery too. I should get back to some embroidery. it is very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such fun. The red plaid with the snowflakes is perfect. It will be time to pull out those snowmen before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowmen are my favorite and I'm excited to be able to get mine out this year! The pumpkin embroidery looks cute. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snowman toppers are really cute! I expect they will sell very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love these snowmen!! Your pumpkin embroidery looks fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your snowmen. They really are cute especially the black, white and red. And congrats on the sales. Hope you have a lot of fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute table toppers. Good luck in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these snowman table toppers, Vicki!! Just adorable. Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html