Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Stash enhancement and a finish

 Both things in that title are sweet!!  Last week there was a fabric estate sale. The ad said 4000 yds, of fabric😮. That my sweeties is a LOT of fabric!  Of course I went, LOL.  And of course I bought!  There was quilting fabric(we'll get to that in a moment), garment fabric, lace, yarn, thread, canvas, upholstery, flannel, quilt books and yarn.  The quilting fabric was $5 per pound. I didn't buy any of the other stuff so I don't remember what that was.  Gobs and gobs of simplicity type patterns that were free. She had been collecting/sewing for 60 years they said. The bittersweet is that she past away last fall I heard. I didn't know her, but I hope she will appreciate my purchase and uses. Here is what 50 yards of fabric all folded and stacked looks like. Yep that is what came home with me. I will use a lot of it for backings. It ended up being $1.50 a yard. I couldn't pass that up!


And now for the finish, a sweet cupcake runner. Wouldn't this be perfect to use for a birthday party, or to give someone on their birthday. This is from my own design and if you are a follower you might have seen some like it before. I like using these fun colors for these. 


It would be so fun if I had a birthday cake to stage with it! But I don't so the flowers will have to do.


I love it when I find the perfect backing in my stash with just enough fabric to fit. 


Thanks for visiting and if you left a comment I shall go off to read it now:)  I am going to try something new to me for a while and see how I/we like it.  I shall be replying to your comment right here on the blog. 

Linking with






32 comments:

  1. Wow what a find - $1.50 a yard!! Your cupcake runner is wonderful - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet finish and sweet fabric. I know she will be very happy to see her lovelies being used!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think she will be looking down and approve.

      Delete
  3. wow what pretty stacks of fabric. That should make a lot of backings for some time to come. I hope the family that was selling it did well to clear it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they were able to get rid a lot, I didn't go back so I have no idea.

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely pile of fabric, and it sounds so great to have a stash for backings. I wish I did! Cute cupcake runner, too - fun how you made the appliqued shapes show up on the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In truth I should just use what I have for backings but I really like having yardage so I can quilt more than one at a time without having to sew anything together.

      Delete
  5. Amazing that you are able to continue that sweet lady's legacy with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a score!! I think that quilter would be pleased to know it's going to be well used. The cupcake runner would be perfect for birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to imagine she is looking down with a thumbs up when I use her fabrics:)

      Delete
  7. OMG, what a great deal on fabric!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love estate sales for fabric and other craft supplies! What a cute cupcake runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to a few estate sales over the years and gotten good deals most of the time.

      Delete
  9. What a haul! I'm sure that quilter would be delighted to know that her stash went to someone who will really use it. Love your cupcake runner! I'm not sure if I've ever seen it before but it sure it cute. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/15/wednesday-wait-loss-380

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope she is smiling down and approving my usage. I used EQ to design the cupcake runner.

      Delete
  10. I love your cupcake table runner, but that pile of fabric....WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pile makes me smile too, I haven't put it away yet!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, Vicky! 4000 yards of fabric?! Her home must have looked like a fabric shop! Wonderful buys for you! We never get enough backing, do we?! Cute birthday or cup cake party table runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing as some shops only have 4000 yds. Makes me wonder how much I have in the stash, LOL.

      Delete
  12. What a fun haul! It is sad to think of someone leaving so much, but great that people bought and will put it to good use. Love your celebration cupcake runner - a sweet finish for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is kinda sad, and there are a whole lot of us in that boat and will never use what we have so why do we go buy more...because we love fabric so much!!

      Delete
  13. Such a fabulous fabric haul, Vicki. I know the dear quilter is smiling down from heaven knowing that you will put her stash to great use . Your newest tablerunner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope she approves! Thanks for the sweet visit Melisa.

      Delete
  14. From one stash to another! Great to have some fabrics ready for backing quilts. I do like your cupcake runner - a great addition to a birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to use it up!! I really do have plans for it all and is why I bought only certain colors.

      Delete
  15. Wow, Vicki, what a great deal on your stash enhancement!!! I know you will put her fabrics to good use. Cute colorful birthday table runner!!! What a great idea for celebrating birthdays in the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kinda giddy while shopping and after I got home and refolded and stacked so nicely, well I haven't put it away yet as I like seeing it, LOL.

      Delete
  16. It's so cute! Interesting that you embroidered the cupcakes after, I've wondered how that would look, and not bad at all. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a great haul from the sale! The cupcake runner is so cute, and yay for the perfect backing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html