Friday, August 16, 2024

Winter Wonderland

 Winter Wonderland was a very fun panel, I knew I had to have it the minute I saw it. You know what I am going to do with it don't you:0


If you said square it up and add some fun elements for the borders you would be correct!! Friendship stars were made using two dies from my 8" Accuquilt cube. 


Flying geese units for the tree, I used Fons and Porter flying geese ruler for these making them finish at 3"x6".


Here is the total finished wall hanging. It is approximately 35"x 49.5".  All photographed and listed in my Etsy shop.


I had precut everything before we went camping last week and I sewed it in the camper. Quilted and bound it yesterday. 


Accuquilt sale 8/15/24 thru 8/29/24  20% Off GO! Dies & GO! Die Bundles (Use Code: DIES20)

Linking with these Friday parties: TGIFF, Finished or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday.  I hope you are joining in the parties!


22 comments:

  1. You sure have a way with panels! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, I really do like working with them!

      Delete
  2. You do the most creative things with panels! What a darling wall hanging - that will go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter Wonderland is so cute, Vicki. I'm sure it won't last long in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this and what you did around the edges of the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! That really is a fun winter wall hanging. Love the stars especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun one, Vicki! I love the red and black plaid with the snowflakes. So perfect to go with the panel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I bought a few yards of that red and black as I love it to go with all things snowman!

      Delete
  7. Super cute, Vicki!! I like how you mimicked the tree and snowflakes in the border!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I always look at the panel to see if I can pull something from it for the borders.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful work Vicki, the way you create borders to frame a panel is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Connie! Love to have fun with the borders to make it unique.

      Delete
  9. What a cute quilt! You are definitely the queen of panel quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know about being the queen of anything, but it sure is fun working with the different panels...stay tune for more to come!

      Delete
  10. Aaaah such a darling quilt. It has me dreaming of cooler weather. Beautiful job, Vicki . I love how you quilted the Friendship Stars. Have a great "quilty week"!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html