Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hippity Hop

Down the bunny trail I go;)  Hello February, I know we say it often but where has the time gone, how could it be February already!

Once an idea pops into my head and I have a little free time I go with it.  Such is the case with these irrestible guys. Using the same idea as my Gnome/hearts/shamrocks for the runner and then after quilting add the bunnies. I modified a bunny applique from EQ8. 


Check out the pink gingham for his ears! His little nose is felt and buttons for eyes. The whiskers I stitched on with my domestic machine and black thread. 


Oh the benefits of having a rather large stash of fabrics is that I can shop my stash and make a runner in an afternoon! And it is already listed in my shop. 


Don't you love this backing fabric!  I just picked it up at my local JoAnns on Sunday, clearance at $3.30 a yard. A couple more in the same color scheme but different prints for the same price might have jumped in my cart! Three yards of each will yield backings for 18 table runners. I have several different runners than can use these colors. 



Next up is back to working on a UFO, not sure exactly when I started this as I didn't document it with a photo it seems. The closest I can get is somewhere in the last 4 years while we were in Arizona. I'll tell you more in a later post;)

If you are looking for more inspiration than you already have swimming around in your brain check out the projects at these linky parties I am linking to:



12 comments:

  1. There you go again with another absolutely adorable runner! The bunny is super sweet and I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute runner. I love seeing you start that UFO! It's a great feeling to pick something up after a long time knowing that this time you'll finish it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that backing fabric - you are ready for each season as it comes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute table runner. Yes, nice backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready to say goodbye to January - it has seemed long! Your cute bunniesxmake me think Spring, and I love that backing. Joann's has great rainbow prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Destined to be as popular as snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These guys are just adorable! And yes, that backing fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an adorable bunny pattern! It is a great formula....different fabric and different "figures" really change it. So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bunnies are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! Well, this is a sweet bunny runner. What a bargain that backing fabric is!! Nice job all the way around. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html